In-person events offer an unparalleled opportunity to connect with potential clients and customers. Though digital advertising isn’t going away anytime soon, there’s nothing quite like getting to shake hands or speak face-to-face with a community you’ve built online.
When you’re really looking to make your event stand out from the typical conference or convention, choose geofencing for events to better serve your audience and hyper-target your ad campaign.
But what is geofencing? We’ll provide examples so you can learn who uses geofencing for events, what geofencing is used for, how expensive geofencing is, and more.
How to Use Geofencing for Events
Geofencing events may sound complicated, but it’s actually quite simple. So how do you start geofencing?
Just set up a campaign using a reputable geofencing platform, then target your audience based on their physical location. Once they enter the boundaries of your campaign (pass through the geofence), they’ll become part of your audience.
You can send them notifications and marketing messages throughout any given time period, and even follow-up with them once they leave the event. Measure the success of your campaign with detailed reporting, all for a cost-per-click rate of about $1.32.
When to Set Up a Geofence
Geofencing can enhance the experience of attending almost any type of event. From cutting down on wait time to helping attendees navigate a venue, geofencing goes well beyond offering a quick coupon code or freebie. Here are just a few ways you can use geofencing for events:
- Send a message when conference attendees are close to your booth.
- Use wearable beacons for networking events.
- Avoid traffic jams by sending reminders about the timing of presentations.
- Learn more about event attendees using automatic registration tools.
- Review how well your event went by gathering geofencing data about where attendees went and how long they stayed.
- Gamify your event by creating surveys and quizzes with prize incentives.
- Give a shoutout to event sponsors.
- Send reminders to download your app at the event (with app-users-only incentives).
Is Geofencing Safe?
In a world where even top companies face devastating data breaches, you may be wondering: Is geofencing safe?
Fortunately, geofencing is one of the best ways to boost cybersecurity at your event. Just as a physical fence limits who is allowed into your venue, a geofence puts restrictions on digital activity at your event. This technology verifies online users, so only eligible attendees have access to your digital content.
Of course, it’s always important to have multiple sources for authentication and data security. But geofencing is a great solution to minimize risk when hosting an event of any scale.
What to Include in Your Geofencing Ad Design
Before you start sending out geofencing ads, you want to make sure you get the message right. Here are some tips on what to include in your geofencing ad design:
- An engaging opening (“Welcome to the neighborhood!” or “You made it!”)
- A CTA (call to action) to remind the audience what you want them to do
- Short copy (readers will get bored quickly!)
- Show value (offer a coupon, exclusive deal, etc)
When done right, a geofencing ad can give your brand truly impressive results. So what is a good click-through rate for geofencing? An effective ad can boost your click-through rates by more than double.
How to Appeal to Your Event Audience
If you’re new to geofencing, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by all of the possibilities. And while there are endless ways to use this type of technology, there are certain best practices to follow to keep your audience engaged and receptive to your message. Follow these tips to better appeal to your event attendees:
- Make a small fence (within a short walk of the target location).
- Set up fences where your attendees are most likely to spend their time.
- Create a sense of urgency.
- Review geofencing data to improve campaigns.
- Research your audience before creating the ad.
Learn More About Geofencing for Events
Ready to learn more about geofencing for events? Agility can help you get started. Contact us to learn more about how we can amplify your message with the power of geofencing. Our geofencing platform offers higher conversion rates and a client-forward focus. Get in touch today for a free demo.