As you closely analyze your digital ads’ costs per click, conversions, and bounce rate, don’t forget to consider one key element of any successful advertisement: digital ad placement. Paying close attention to placement allows you to optimize the performance of any ad, whether it’s on a mobile app, social media platform, or website.
So where do you place an advertisement to get the best results? And what does placement mean in advertising? We’ll explain everything you need to know about where and how to get digital ad space.
What Is Digital Ad Placement?
First, let’s clarify: Digital ad placement is a term that refers to deciding where to run ads on a digital platform. These ads can be placed on many different channels, such as:
- Video ads: Video ads receive some of the highest engagement of any type of digital ads, making them a great choice for brands seeking higher conversions and boosted revenue.
- PPC ads: Pay-per-click ads allow advertisers to buy website visits by running ads on other popular websites. It’s a great way to tap into a target demographic and bring in page views when you’re struggling to get organic growth.
- Social media ads: From Facebook and Instagram to more niche platforms, social media ads are among the most popular platforms for digital ads. These ads can be highly targeted and a great way for growing businesses to start out.
- Mobile app ads: As consumers spend more time shopping straight from their phone or tablet, mobile ads are among the most effective ways to reach those audiences. Mobile ads range from in-app advertising to post-click landing pages.
How Do You Get Digital Ad Space?
Digital ad space can be purchased using real-time bidding (RTB) or via programmatic buying. When an advertiser opts for RTB, they create an ad, choose the platform, create a target demographic, and then bid on impressions.
Programmatic buying allows advertisers to automate buying using supply-side platforms or data management platforms.
Tips for Improving Your Digital Ad Placement Strategy
Each ad platform has its own set of pros and cons, and it’s essential to make sure you’re choosing the right placement for the needs of your business (and each particular campaign). Here are a few tips to help you hone your digital ad placement strategy.
1. Set Specific Goals
You’ll never know if your ad placement was on target if you don’t set specific goals first. Make sure you’re hitting the mark by starting every digital campaign with clear, measurable goals. Do you want to boost awareness? Increase conversions? Bring in leads? Pick a goal before you decide on your ad placement.
2. Define Your Target Audience
Once you set your campaign goals, it’s time to carefully identify your target audience. A generic target audience could be ineffective, while one that’s too narrow may also fall flat. Aim to strike the perfect balance by thinking about which digital platforms your audience uses, what their priorities are, and how your product serves their needs.
3. Choose Your Digital Ad Placement
After extensive research on your audience, you’ll be well equipped to choose the best digital ad placement. Consider your budget and your target demographic as you compare options. Understanding your ideal customer will help you choose the right placement for the needs of your business.
4. Run Your Ad + Measure Results
Your job isn’t over when the campaign is complete. At this point, you’ll want to take time to study the campaign results, measure performance, and learn from the data. Next time you’ll be able to further optimize your digital ad placement.
Boost Your Digital Ad Placement with Agility Digital
If you’re ready to learn more about digital ad placement and best practices, get in touch with Agility Digital. Our platform streamlines the advertising process using real-time bidding and AI. Contact us today to schedule your live demo.